We always welcome feedback and are happy to answer questions about our hotel, services, and the local area. We can also give you directions or send you a hotel map, so feel free to contact us at our booking contact number 1-800-780-7243 at any time.
If you are looking for work in the hospitality industry, the Best Western Plus Revelstoke hotel is always hiring during the busy seasons, several times a year. Browse through our current job listings here.
The Best Western Plus Revelstoke seeks an organized, team building individual to join our Housekeeping team as their Manager. A busy and highly reputable hotel, we are looking for a hard-working individual who has an impeccable eye for cleanliness and is keen to deliver the high standard of quality we are known for:
Job Summary: Manages the operation of the housekeeping and laundry departments to ensure that the company standards are met and exceeded. Creates an atmosphere of superior customer care and cleanliness for our hotel guests.
- Lead and mentor team in order to maintain a high standard of cleanliness in all hotel rooms and public areas
- Daily assignment of housekeeping tasks to the team. OVerseeing and helping with all aspects of the cleaning of all areas of the hotel.
- Inspects and assures cleanliness in the room, including, but not limited to: beds, floors, walls, closets, windows, furniture and appliances
- Strips bedding and remakes with fresh linens
- Scrubs and cleans guest room bathrooms including tubs, showers, toilets, mirrors, sinks, counters and walls to a high sanitary standard.
- Washes all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile etc) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas
- Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings
- Restocks guest room supplies and literature
- Checks all functioning aspects of the room to be in working order including lights, lamps and heating/cooling units, remotes, electronics and appliances
- Contributes to the cleanliness of public areas by cleaning windows, doors, walls, carpets, rugs, stairwell, halls, public washrooms, laundry room, fitness facility and change rooms.
- Observes and reports any maintenance issues in guest rooms or public areas to the Front Desk or Maintenance Department
- Facilitates room inspections following established standards, when required.
- Maintains a friendly, enthusiastic and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Three years prior hotel housekeeping experience. Supervisory experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Positive, can do attitude
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Basic inventory skills
- Computer skills an asset
- Good understanding of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head, bending and stooping to perform cleaning tasks
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs